Yay it’s Friday! And today, that means another “5 Things Friday” post…just 5 fun, random things on my mind that I want to share with you!
- I just finished the book, Safely Home, by Randy Alcorn. (Yesterday morning at 1am because I couldn’t put it down!) It was by far one of the BEST books I’ve ever read, and one that really touched my heart. I’m going to blog about it next week, and can’t wait to share more about it with you!
- With the weather finally getting nicer, (hopefully for good this time!) I’ve been listening to a lot more country music, in the car with the windows down…and absolutely loving it. Don’t judge me.
- Tomorrow is my brother, DJ’s, 30th birthday, and to be completely honest, it’s really weirding me out. Mostly because if he’s turning 30 tomorrow, that means I’ll be turning 30 in two years. And that’s just plain gross.
- In honor of such a big birthday, I’ll share one of my favorite memories of when DJ and I were younger: We used to totally sneak peeks of our Christmas presents growing up. I have previously confessed this to my parents, but one specific Christmas, we really took this to a new level. My parents would lock the guest bedroom which held all of the goodies, but one night they had plans and left DJ in charge. Well, in turn, he put me in “charge” of being the lookout while he proceeded to unscrew the doorknob to the guest bedroom. We then quickly began to ruin every surprise Christmas morning had to offer. It was fabulous, and a night of mischief I’ll never forget :)
- Today is Good Friday, and too many years go by that I don’t really focus on the incredible importance of this day. So after CrossFit, Stuart and I are going to read through Jesus’ last days, crucifixion and resurrection at the end of Luke. I hope I can find new meaning from Jesus’ sacrifice and what it would’ve meant for my life if He hadn’t gone through with it.
“Jesus called out with a loud voice, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.”