I can’t even believe I’m writing this post. Has it seriously already been a year?! It’s crazy to think 12 months have gone by since that amazing, little boy entered our lives. I know it’s “only” been a year, but it’s hard to remember what life was like before miniature laundry, diapers, sippy cups, Duplos [the big Legos], fox EVERYTHING and remote controls that sing to you.
I know I’ve said it [multiple times] before, but the past year has been every facet of amazing and exhausting all rolled into one. I wouldn’t trade it for the world, and feel so incredibly blessed to be Knox’s mommy. It’s my most favorite job ever, and I try with all my might to breathe in every moment and not take any of it for granted.
Some exciting things that happened over his 12th month of life:
- he’s become a really good eater, not a huge fan of veggies, but he loves chicken, turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, applesauce, grapes, cheese, yogurt, avocado, blueberries, and much more. [And thanks to those awesome applesauce pouches, we can sneak veggies into his diet without him even knowing!]
- he’s great at putting blocks and balls into boxes, bins, basketball hoops, [Stella’s crate…] and Mommy’s mouth.
- he gives high fives!
- he says “mama,” “dada,” and “nigh nigh” [for night night…takes after his mama with his love of sleep :)]
- speaking of sleep, other than when he’s sick or teething, he is a GREAT sleeper…averaging 12-13 hours at night, and 2 naps a day [he’s probably ready to drop down to 1, but mama’s hanging on to those 2 separate times a day to get stuff done for as LONG as possible!]
- he crawls as fast as the Roadrunner, walks around furniture and loves to push his cart! [not walking independently yet, but he’s getting there!]
- he just started balancing with no hands for a few seconds
- he hands things to us and loves to receive them back
- he’s still not a huge fan of the car, and doesn’t sleep well at all during long drives. [ya win some, ya lose some…]
He’s growing wonderfully, our pediatrician is very happy with where he is, and how he looks. Other than having another double ear infection when we went for his 12 month check up, he was in great spirits.
He was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches at birth, so he’s been very busy over the past year growing into quite the chunk!!
There’s been many days over the past few weeks where I’ve cried over the end of Knox’s babyhood, realizing he is officially a toddler, and will all-too-soon be a little boy. But as much as I miss my squishy, itty, bitty baby, we are having SO very much fun with the little boy he is becoming. When he first sees you in the morning, or when he plays peek-a-boo, or when he simply catches you smiling at him, he gets this incredibly cheesy, adorable smile on his face. It’s makes you feel like a million bucks. It makes anything that goes wrong throughout the day all better. It’s just the best thing ever.
I could write a novel on how much I love that little boy, but instead I’ll just show you with some adorable pictures of our sweet boy :)
Sweet boy, being your mama makes me the happiest I’ve ever been. Your first year of life was an epic one: we moved to Xenia, began our ministry with Athletes in Action, and met a lot of new friends. As much as I wish I could make time stand still and keep you my sweet baby forever, I can’t wait to see what your second year of life is going to bring. There’s some fun things ahead, and hopefully lots of daily cuddles. Keep growing into the sweet boy you are, but not too fast ;)
Love you to the moon and back,
Past monthly posts: