I don’t know about you, but personally, it feels like January flewwww by. The holidays came and went quickly and then the beginning of January switched gears and felt like it was dragging. But now it seems like I blinked and hello, it’s February! And let’s be honest, besides being the “love month,” February can be pretty bleak. The snow has officially lost it’s magic and beauty, and now it’s just cold, wet and annoying. And already, just a few days into February, I’m ready to trade in the snow for spring.
BUT, I’m determined to live February with fierce intentionality. Most years, I treat it like a “blah” month, but I want to continue my theme for 2014 and turn this February into a month full of fun, laughter, gratefulness, fitness and quality time with my man. I have some fun goals for the month, which will hopefully help with the dreary days, but before that, I want to look back on how I did with my January goals.
- Re-learn Spanish: this totally just did not happen. But I’m not giving up! I will habla Espanol yet!
Fifty-Two Pages: I am loving this!! What a fun way to keep track of the year! Here’s this past week’s picture: Whole 30: We are beginning week 2 of Whole 30! We started it later than we originally planned, but are excited to see how it affects our health, bodies and lives in general. CrossFit 3x/week: done! There were definitely days I didn’t feel like going, but as our coach says, “the best part of a CrossFit workout is the moment it’s over.” This month, I hope to step it up and go 4x a week at least 2 weeks out of the month. Read more, watch TV less: this started out well, but once the break was over for some shows, I found myself getting caught up in some of them instead of reading. I still managed to read 2 1/2 books, so I’d say that was still a success.
- Do some DIY projects: this one also totally just did not happen. But I am going to Hobby Lobby with my mother-in-law this week, so stay tuned…better late than never right?
- As for my not-as-measurable goals: Strive to be a more selfless wife, and be less addicted to my iPhone etc. I asked Stuart if he noticed any growth with the selfless part, to which he lovingly answered “yes.” But that probably has more to do with how well he loves me, than how selfless I’ve been. Being increasingly selfless is something I hope to grow in every month. And I can definitely say I made strides with the iPhone addiction by turning off all notifications from social media, (which really did make a difference!) but this is going to be a tough addiction to kick completely.
So overall, I can’t say I did FABULOUSLY for January, but hey, it’s a new month, and I think that allows for a new start.
Continued goals from last month:
- Re-learn Spanish
- DIY Crafts
- Read more/TV less
- Selfless wife & iPhone addiction
New Goals for this month:
- Share Whole 30/Paleo recipes throughout the month. Every Friday, I’m going to share at least one of my favorite Whole 30/Paleo recipes I make throughout the week. Here are a few recipes I used for our at-home Super Bowl “party.” I am definitely falling more in love with cooking, but yesterday I didn’t leave the kitchen for a good 3 1/2 hours, and by the end of it our kitchen looked like a bomb went off (see below).
And just for fun…this is what my kitchen looked like afterwards. Clean up is the worst.
- Drink more water! I want to continue prioritizing my health, and one of the best ways is to flush my system with good ‘ole agua. (See, I’m learning Spanish already!)
- Read my Bible every morning. The busyness of the holidays always throws me off my routine, and unfortunately, my daily time in the Word usually gets forgotten. I want to get back to my daily dates with Jesus, and fall more in love with Him every day of February. (After all, it is the “love month.”)
- Clothing purge. Pretty self-explanatory, but I want to plan on getting rid of at least 3 items of clothing I haven’t worn in the past year.
- Wake up earlier! Remember this post? Well, it worked for a while, but now that it’s so cold and my bed is so warm, I’m finding it harder to get up in the morning. But I want to be intentional with my time this month, and that means making the most of every moment. (I can sleep when I’m dead right?)
This month also begins yet another month of waiting for our support to be fully raised for our ministry with Athletes in Action. Waiting is never easy, especially when the weather is bleak, but I want to wait expectantly, yet patiently for God’s timing. This month I’ve chosen to focus on Romans 8:24-25 & 28:
“But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently… And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”