I was babysitting yesterday and just had to document the moment when I realized I could hardly see my toes anymore, I was totally rocking the third trimester waddle (um, third trimester…what?!?!?) and I had to pee about five minutes into the walk and had to turn around way before I wanted to in order to get back to a bathroom. Also, pregnancy brain is in FULL force (can some moms out there please tell Stuart it’s a real thing??!) and I forgot to take a belly bump picture, so the view from the top will have to do for this week :)
So, yep, I’m officially in my third trimester, and have about 3 months until our little babe joins our family. And I’m FREAKING OUT. I’m excited and I’m nervous and I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this addition. Everyone I talk to says you can read every book out there, and talk to a million moms, but you will never know exactly what to expect until that baby is here. So, clearly I’m jumping in with both feet, (I mean, what choice do I really have??) and am thanking God every day that I have Stuart by my side for this adventure.
The third trimester is clearly a big milestone, and there are some pretty cool things happening during week 26:
- Baby Grand is about the size of a head of lettuce…around 14 inches long (um, woah, that’s longer than a foot!) and weighing anywhere from 1.6-1.8 lbs.
- If I listen to music that has a good beat, Baby Grand could start to “rhythmically” move in response to the music.
- Baby’s lungs are developing and he/she will be able to take a breath by the end of the week…a breath of amniotic fluid not actual oxygen quite yet.
- Baby’s eyes are completely developed and he/she will be able to begin opening those cute little eyes this week!
- Baby Grand’s eyelashes are also grown too!
Man, I am so excited to meet this little person!! I can’t wait to see what he/she looks like, and what features look like me and what features look like Stuart! It still blows my mind that this baby is going to come out made up of 1/2 of me and 1/2 of Stuart. So incredibly cool.