I thought it was the perfect time to bring back another “5 Things Friday” post! Just a random list of 5 things going on in my life that I want to share! Just because…why not? :)
- So, has anyone else watched an episode of Disney Channel’s “Girl Meets World”? I’m not gonna lie, I was super curious about how they were going to pull it off…I used to be obsessed with the whole Boy Meets World gang. Not to mention that I had a huge crush on Shawn Hunter (what pre-teen/teenage girl didn’t). But this new spin off? NOT so great. I had to go back and watch an old episode of Boy Meets World just to see if the acting was REEEEALLY that bad. (It was…I guess I didn’t notice back then.) I am just not impressed. I still love the Cory/Topanga love aspect, but it’s just not the same without Shawn, Mr. Feeny, Eric and Mr. and Mrs. Matthews. Oh and Shawn’s cute older brother in the later years. Sorry Disney Channel.
- I read online that a good way of getting “puppy ready to meet baby” is to use a baby doll and basically pretend it’s the real deal and have your dog sniff, without getting all up in their face. So I went to my mom’s basement and pulled out a doll I got when I was little that was supposedly super lifelike, and introduced her to Stell. She sniffed a bunch, and then tried to chew on doll baby’s plastic foot. Sooooo all in all, maybe not the best start, but we’ll keep trying.
- This weekend Stuart and I, along with the rest of the Hortons (my dad’s side) are all heading to Lake Winnipesaukee to say goodbye to my Mor-Mor. You might remember me writing this blog post about memories of her and how much she meant to me right after she passed away in March. Her lake house is in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, and it was her favorite place, and one of mine as well, so it only seems right to have a celebration of her life there, alongside so many people she loved very much. It will definitely be bittersweet, but I know she’s in a better place, dancing with Jesus.
- I made a slideshow video for my Mor-Mor’s service, which has actually been really fun. I’ve loved looking back over pictures from my dad’s childhood, and even from my Mor-Mor’s early years and her wedding to my Papa! This is by far one of my favorites that I came across. Just check out those hairstyles!! (My dad is top right)
- Last but not least…I’m 16 weeks pregnant this week! Crazy how fast it’s going! I’m definitely starting to pop, but haven’t felt any movement from Baby G yet. From what I read, it can start anytime after this week. (Although a lot of my friends/family said it wasn’t until 20 weeks that they felt their babies kick.) Only 4 more weeks until we find out if there’s a him or her in there!